Come see the difference you are making!
Annual giving through the Alumni Fund is the cornerstone of all fundraising activities at Ashbury. Each year the money raised through the Alumni Fund provides the resources for the school to enhance the overall Ashbury experience and help maintain our excellent reputation.
The strength of the Alumni Fund rests on alumni participation.
Last year, our alumni participation rate was 5% and alumni contributed almost $100,000 to school projects. Your support helped to; fund scholarships to 10% of the student body, update science labs, and fund athletic and co-curricular activities. No matter the size of your gift, together alumni giving can have a significant impact. Last year was great, and we know together we can do better.
Will my gift really make a difference?
Yes, yes and yes! Every gift has a meaningful and immediate impact on the life of our students. The strength of the annual Alumni Fund rests on strong alumni participation. It is not the size of the gift, but that you give that counts. Together, we make a difference.
You can direct your gift if you like.
Flexible, unrestricted funds from alumni are vital to the school’s success. By directing your gift to Headmaster’s Priorities, you enable the school to put your donation to work where it is needed most. Alternatively, you may have a vision for your gift. You may direct your support to scholarships, the arts, athletics and more. Click here for a full list of gift designations including a list of scholarships and bursaries.
How can I make my gift?
All donations are tax deductable and can be made through cash, cheques, VISA or MasterCard and Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT’s) are accepted as well as gifts of securities and gift-in-kind.
Ways to donate include:
- Online at www.ashbury.ca/give or by clicking on the Donate Now button.
- Send a cheque or money order payable to Ashbury College Foundation by mail to Ashbury College, 362 Mariposa Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1M 0T3.
- Alumni who reside in the U.S. and wish to receive a charitable tax receipt should send a cheque payable to FRISBE (Friends of Independent Schools and Better Education) by mail to Ashbury College, 362 Mariposa Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1M 0T3. We will forward your cheque to FRISBE (811 Karl Johan Ave. N, Tacoma, WA 98406-1047) who will issue you a tax receipt. FRISBE is a non-profit entity in the U.S. established to service donors of Canadian Independent Schools by accepting and receipting donations and granting the full amount of the gift to the donor’s school of choice.
- Contact us at (613) 749-9724 ext. 301 to donate by phone or for more information.
Ashbury Gift Circles
Ashbury recognizes all young alumni donors (those who have graduated in the last 15 years) as members of the Young Leaders Society.
Each year the Ashbury College Foundation acknowledges donors in the Impact Report and on our Donor Wall. Annual and Campaign donors are recognized for their cumulative giving in the following
- Housemasters’ Circle $500+
- Headmaster’s Circle $1,000+
- Governors’ Circle $5,000+
- Founder’s Circle $10,000+
Charitable Registration No. 11879 0971 RR0001