Education is a shared partnership between parents and Ashbury College.
The Ashbury Parents' Committee (PC) acts as an advisory group and sounding board for the Head of School, Deputy Head Teaching and Learning, Head of Senior School and the Head of Junior School. It provides a vital link between the school and the parent community by:
- providing the administration with advice and support on issues pertaining to Ashbury's core values: academic excellence, community, character development, personal growth and international engagement;
- facilitating good communication within the school community;
- coordinating information-sharing events to foster communication between the College and the parent community;
- organizing and providing volunteers for the new parent orientation and open house events.
The PC membership includes the Head of School, Deputy Head Teaching and Learning, Head of Senior School and Head of Junior School as well as Ashbury parents representing each grade of the Junior and Senior Schools and Boarding community. Incoming members are selected in April from a list of nominees and are appointed for a term of up to four years. All parents of Ashbury students who are independent of the daily operation of the school can apply for committee membership by contacting the current Chair.
PC sub-committees work on specific projects and tasks throughout the year. A representative of the Parents’ Committee sits on and acts as liaison with other Ashbury Committees and Boards such as the Guild, the Board of Governors, the Advancement Committee, the Food Committee and the Green Committee.
Monthly meetings are held throughout the school year. All parents are invited to attend town hall meetings, which are held twice a year, and include guest presentations on topics of interest to the parent community. Minutes for all past PC meetings are posted for all parents to review.
Please contact any member of the PC Executive if you have any questions or suggestions.
Parents Committee Executive
Dan Craigen, Chair
Montsérrat Bouvier, Vice-Chair
Beverley Isles, Past-Chair
Jill Bobula, Secretary
Parents Committee Members
- Richard Arbeiter
- Brenda Clunie
- Doug Cochen
- Monica Mital
- Sarah Waters
- Voula Barlas
- Kate Brandeis
- Nancy Chow
- Sandy Fusaro-Butterfield
- Jennifer Garland
- Alison Laidlaw
- Melynda Layton
- Jenny Papadopoulas-Kerrick
- Yasmin Rezvani
- Mashood-Lubna Syed
- Monday, September 19, 2016
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016 Town Hall – All Welcome
- Monday, November 7, 2016 Parentscope – All Welcome
- Monday, January 16, 2017
- Monday, February 27, 2017 Town Hall – All Welcome
- Monday, April 10, 2017
- Monday, May 1, 2017 Parentscope: Presenter Julia Lythcott-Haims
- Monday, May 29, 2017