Discover World-Class Careers
Ever wondered what it would be like to teach small groups of engaged students in a school that embraces technology and advanced learning opportunities? Discover Ashbury College, a leading Canadian independent school located in beautiful Rockcliffe Park in the heart of Canada's capital city. Nestled in a campus-style setting with lush surrounding green space, Ashbury focuses on smaller class sizes where students and teachers engage more closely and where there is time for more dynamic interaction.
At Ashbury, we provide and utilize the latest tools for learning; seek out and hire innovative, passionate and dedicated teachers; encourage and support continuing education and staff improvement; and consistently invest in improving our environment through a variety of programs including building state-of-the-art facilities.
Ashbury College is built on a strong tradition of character, academic excellence and rigorous yet dynamic preparation of our students for university and life. It is also committed to the success of its staff. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including participation in the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, and adhere to, and actively support, equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination policies.
Ashbury's hiring cycle begins in January and runs through to April. During that time period all available opportunities will be posted with their specific requirements. To apply for a posted position, send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line of your email.
Join the Ashbury family and become a part of a tradition of dynamic teaching. Read our values document for first-hand accounts of what it’s like to work at Ashbury.
- Bachelor's degree in the discipline you wish to teach
- Advanced degrees encouraged
- Teaching experience required
- Current member of the Ontario College of Teachers or equivalent
- International Baccalaureate (IB) experience would be an asset
- Ability to coach two sports or co-curriculars
- Independent school experience is a asset
- Good communication and technology skills
- Commitment to professional growth
- French language skills an asset
Residential Teachers act "in loco parentis" and provide residence and school duty as well as social and co-curricular activities. Tutoring, supply and team teaching and Teacher Advisory Group (TAG) coverage as required.
- B.A. or equivalent
- Teaching certification an asset
- Experience working with adolescents (camping, coaching, etc.)